Here are some key points in my words:
1. What are employees looking for: an opportunity to learn and grow so that they can be more than they thought they can be; a sense of recognition; a feeling of belonging; a belief that they are making a difference/having an impact.
2. The fundamental basis of leadership is trust.
3. Effective leaders are passionate and compassionate. Great leaders are able to exude warmth and humility.
4. Being compassionate does not mean giving up authority or control. When people feel respected and cared for they will be more likely to willingly follow your vision, adopting it as their own.
5. Companies need to create an environment of intellectual curiosity and constant learning so that everyone, at all levels, evolve and grow, enabling the company to grow.
Feel free to share your thoughts and reactions with me.